Thursday 16 February 2012

Open doors


...These are the words of the holy one, the true one,
who has the key of David,
who opens and no-one will shut,
who shuts and no one opens.                                          Rev. 3.7


The Holy One is the true one, and He is able to do all things.

I am reminded of the words I received some time ago when God spoke to me through an intermediary. He said He would open doors for me and He wanted me to walk through whatever doors He opened. He also said He would close doors, and He did not want me to attempt to go through any doors that He would close.

Right now, a lot seems to be happening in my life. There are doors that might be opening. Is God at work? Do I wait to see if He opens wide any of these doors? Do I ask Him to firmly shut any doors that He might not be opening for me?

I have often told people that I do not consider God to be tricky or sneaky. His word exhorts us to ask, to seek and to knock – and we will receive, we will find, and the door will be opened.






Lord God,

I thank You for who You are and I thank You for adopting me as Your precious well-loved child.

I seek to do Your will. I want only to do Your will.

I ask You, Precious Father, to open wide the doors that You would have me go through. And I ask You to close absolutely any doors, any doors whatsoever, that may be open or opening if it is not Your will that I go through them.

I love You. I want so much to work for You.   Hallelujah! Praise Your Name.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment