Monday 20 February 2012

Grow Strong


No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, being fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.            Rom. 4.20,21


Paul is talking about Abraham. What a wonderful example Abraham is! In Paul’s words Abraham’s body was as good as dead and Sarah was barren in the womb. Yet, Abraham knew that God had promised him issue, and that was good enough for him.

I connect particularly with Paul’s words that No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God. This suggests that there might have been distrust, indeed even a series or number of distrusts. Notwithstanding what might have arisen, we are told that nothing caused any wavering on the part of Abraham. He was sure. He knew what God had promised him. He grew strong in his faith. He stood firm. He was fully convinced. There was no distrust, no doubting that God was able to do what He had promised. Abraham gave glory to God.

There are many aspects of Abraham that I should like for myself.







Lord God,

I thank You for the wonderful example of Abraham. I pray that I might emulate his good characteristics. I feel I can do this as I take further hold, and understanding, of the God I can trust. I want to know You, Lord. You are faithful. You are trustworthy. You have plans for me. You make many good promises to me. All of this I reach out to. I embrace You. Draw me closer, Lord. My faith and my trust are growing. I pray for even greater increase. I pray, in Jesus’ name, for more growth in You.                                                Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment