Wednesday 8 February 2012

Anointing


As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit – just as it has taught you, remain in him. 1 John 2.27


When Jesus promised the Holy Spirit, He said that He would teach me all things and remind me of everything that Jesus has said to me  (John 14.26). This is true teaching that comes from the real anointing that is available to me in the Holy Spirit. The NIV Study Bible (p1910) also tells me that the anointing of the Holy Spirit will develop in me the capacity to appreciate and appropriate God’s truth already revealed. By this process, and His teaching in “all things”, the Bible becomes meaningful for me in thought and in daily living. This is the teaching that I want. This anointed teaching brings the truth and reality of God into all of my living. This glorious state is where I want to be. And the Holy Spirit is the way.

Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life.” Jesus is the only way, there is no other. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to teach and guide us, and to be a constant reminder of Jesus. The Holy Spirit, then, leads us in the ways of Jesus. The Holy Spirit will keep me close to God. I praise God for the Holy Spirit and for the anointing I have felt of God’s Holy Spirit. I pray this anointing to continue and to increase. I cry out, “Come, Holy Spirit, come in power. Fill me and lead me forward in the anointing that is in You. Come, Holy Spirit, I offer myself to You.”






Lord God,

Your Word speaks to me. I thank You for the anointing of Your Holy Spirit who leads and teaches me.

I pray that the anointing will increase. I seek to live the whole of my life in Your Holy Spirit. I surrender. I ask You to take me, just as I am, and make me Yours. Teach me more of You. Let me experience you in greater measure in my life.

Your Word becomes real to me under the guidance of Your Holy Spirit. May this increase and prosper. I ask You to equip and fit me to bring Your Word to others, and I pray that Your Holy Spirit will bring enlightenment to them as I share.

I seek to remain in You. I offer myself. Show me through Your Holy Spirit if there is anything I must do. Show me when to act, and when to be still. I love You, Lord, and my desire is to be pleasing to You in all my ways. I ask Your help in this. Lead me. Have Your way in me, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                                                         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment