Thursday 1 September 2011

Come


“Come to me, ...”                                           M’t. 11.28


I know what follows, yet for now I want simply to hear these words, to take them into my being, and to willingly respond to them.

This is my Lord Jesus saying to me – “Come, come to me, come with me. Ally yourself with me and you will see wonders, your life will be wonderful.”

I know what follows these words. I’m told I will receive rest. The implication is that my weariness will be removed, my burden will be lifted. I will receive precious treatment from my wonderful Lord who is gentle and humble in heart. In Him I will find ease and lightness.

I know these things, yet just at this moment I think I want to know only His voice, beckoning me in invitation, “Come to me...”



Lord Jesus,

These words speak volumes. They speak life, intimate life, comfort, companionship, peace and fulfilment. Today I need hear nothing else.

Lord Jesus, I come.                 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment