Thursday 8 September 2011

God’s plans


O Lord, you are my God;
I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness you have done
marvellous things, things planned long ago.                         Isa. 25.1


As I read this I am reminded that God has a plan for my life. Furthermore, He made plans for me a long time ago, maybe even before time began. God is faithful, He is true in all that He does, and His long-standing plans for me will not be shelved or set aside. Whatever might intervene, and this includes any tardiness or failure on my part, God will have His way. His faithfulness is perfect – His Word tells me this. And the things that He planned for me so long ago will come to pass.

Today I am reassured that God has a plan for me. There is no detail about that plan. I am no more definite in this than I was yesterday, but I accept God’s Word. He planned things for me a long time ago, things that are still to come to pass. In Him I have a hope and a future. He will show me the way. I must trust Him, rest in Him, and seek Him with all my heart.



Lord God,

I love You. I thank You for Your Word today. I take reassurance from You as I look to You for the way forward. Am I in the right place? Am I doing what You would have me do? Where would You have me? What would You have me do?

Great Guide, I look to You for direction and leading. I submit to You. Show me the way, in Jesus’ name I ask.            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment