Tuesday 27 September 2011

Press on


Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.                                                             Phil. 3.12


The promises of God are great. He has, literally, wonders in store for His people. Sometimes we might be tempted to ponder and say, “But where is the blessing; where is the release; where is the healing?” 

God’s Word is full of His promises, yet He doesn’t ever seem to give a timetable. God’s ways will be achieved in His time. I do not believe it is my place to question God’s timing, or even His lack of action but, rather, in company with Paul to “press on”. I am running a race, and I do not stop. Certainly there may be times when I need to slow up and rest. Then, I shall rest in Him. The rest of God is a most wonderful thing. I rest but I do not give up. No, I press on. The race is not over until the winning post is passed and this place is clear to every believer in Christ.

By no means have I already obtained all this. But I intend to. And so, I shall press on, seeking and receiving strength from Him, for surely He has “taken hold” of me for His own special purposes. He will not leave me. He has no plans whatsoever to abandon me. In fact, He will lift me up; He will strengthen and equip me; He will encourage and nurture me. He has a purpose for me. I have been called according to His purpose. And so, I press on. I press on to take hold of that for which He has taken hold of me. Some “things” – factors, events, people – may seek to waylay me, to hold me back from His ways and purposes. Yet I will persevere. Though the evil one may seek to reduce me to a state of unworthiness and doubt, I will ever press on, determined to reach the goal that I have in Him.

God is for me. No-one, nothing will I allow to come against me. My glorious Lord has prepared the way, He has cleared the way, and He calls me clearly saying, “This is the way, walk in it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment