Monday 25 March 2013

Favoured



The LORD had made the Egyptians favourably disposed toward the people, and they gave them what they asked for; so they plundered the Egyptians.            Exodus 12.36


This is another of the remarkable statements that are to be found scattered throughout the Scriptures. The Egyptians had no possible reason to look favourably on the Israelites. They had suffered horrendously throughout all ten plagues that the Lord had brought upon them. And the reason for their suffering lay firmly with the Israelites. No, there was no logical reason for the Egyptians to favour the Israelites.

Furthermore, this entire onslaught had been spearheaded by Moses, surely making him a target to be hated and despised. Yet we read in parenthesis:

(The LORD made the Egyptians favourably disposed toward the people, and Moses himself was highly regarded in Egypt by Pharaoh’s officials and by the people) (Exod. 11.3)

Another amazing statement! Moses could so well have qualified as public enemy No. 1. But God had been at work. Yes, the LORD had made the Egyptians favourably disposed toward the Israelites. There is no foreseeable way in which any human action might have brought about such favour, but the Almighty is just that – all-mighty. The New Testament states this clearly:

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matt. 19.26)

Nothing, but nothing, is impossible to God. I delight in His reminder to me of this. I take hold of it. I receive it in my being. I choose to live it.






Lord God,

Your Word is true. Your Word says that nothing is impossible with You. Hallelujah!

Lord, mighty God, I look to You for all things. My needs will be met, I know it.

And I thank You. I thank You for Your grace and love to me. Have Your way fully in my life, in Jesus’ Name I ask.    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment