Sunday 31 March 2013

Cleansed by the blood



He shall slaughter the lamb for the guilt offering and take some of its blood and put it on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed, on the thumb of his right hand and on the big toe of his right foot.                       Lev. 14.25


The blood of the guilt offering is put on the unclean person in the act of cleansing. Instantly my thoughts connect with the precious, ultimate sacrifice of Jesus in the New Testament.

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed...but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
                           1 Peter 1.18,19

I am saved from sin, delivered from condemnation by the blood of Jesus. I am smeared with His blood. His blood stains me and this is the most wonderful realisation. His blood manifests His presence upon me and in me. Dear God, please lead me into further revelation.

Saying that someone’s blood is upon you can be seen as a guilt message, but I don’t feel this in respect to the blood of Jesus. I simply sense deep thankfulness gushing out from me. I see myself sprinkled, smeared and saturated by His blood all over me. I’m not sure if this is a progression or occasional options. No, I somehow see the sprinkling, smearing and saturating all at once. It is as if all three can apply at any one time. It means life – wonderful, abundant and good life in Him. It may lead to the doing of good, great, even amazing things for Him. Yet the first, and most vital, impact is in being. Through His blood I am a new creation. I am cleansed. I am restored in relationship with the Father. Christ, the risen and glorious one, is in me, and I am in Him. I move forward, as He leads me, into the fullness of Him.






Lord Jesus, Holy Saviour,

I rejoice in You. I declare You to be both my Saviour and my Lord. I thank You for the amazing, miraculous gifts of forgiveness, healing and release through Your blood.

I have a sense that I should now be humble, almost pious in thanksgiving. I believe the humility is there yet I cannot assume or adopt a false piety. Rather I feel very, very EXCITED.

I am bursting under the covering of Your blood. I begin to realise who I am in You whilst, at the same time, I hear You tell me that, as yet, I know very little of who I really am in You.

Sweet Lord, take me and make me Your own. Forgive my sins. Yes, even yesterday I lived in sin. I receive the release that Your blood assures me. I do not accept this lightly. I thank You. I belong to You. Lead me on in You. Oh, may I know increase in You until You fill me completely. Hallelujah! Praise You, Lord.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment