Sunday 10 July 2016

"In"

Praise the LORD!
Sing to the LORD a new song,
his praise in the assembly of the faithful.                                          Psalm 149.1


My attention is drawn to the phrase the assembly of the faithful. I see this as the glorious company of believers of which I am part. If you like, this is the church, but this is not simply the institution that humanity promotes and seeks to control. When I say  “the church” I embrace every person who acknowledges Jesus as Saviour and Lord, and who lives this present life in love with God.

There is a vast number who have passed through this life and entered into joyful eternal rest. These form part of the assembly of the faithful. I am reminded of those that have gone before, together with those who are valiantly running the race today, and I rejoice to be a part of this glorious body, this wonderful family.

The psalmist also says: Let the faithful exult in glory (v5). What a wonderful promise this is for those presently still running the race. Our great God is victorious. He is above all, and He is Power Supreme. Those who have gone before will already be living in the fullness of His glory. Those of us who still have this earthly journey to complete can know that we will, one day soon, experience this glory in all of its miracle being, as we see Him face to face and enter into eternity with Him.

But His glory is not absent in this present life. God touches us even now with His glory. We experience it as we give ourselves to live in, and with, Him; we see it in nature, and it comes to us through the love and care of others in the assembly of the faithful.

How can I not exult? God has drawn me to Himself. He has promised to be with me always and, one day, He will take me home, to live with Him forever. Hallelujah!





Mighty God, Loving Dad,

I thank You for the wondrous life I have in You. I give myself to Your leadership and guidance through this earthly life to the fullness of glory to come.            Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment