Saturday 3 December 2011

Who are you, Lord?


He asked, “Who are you, Lord?”                                                                  Acts 9.5


I find this question to be so exciting, and more than a little enigmatic in regard to the answer it might bring.

It is asked by Paul, as Saul, when he is bombarded by the bright light on the road to Damascus. The answer he receives is:
            “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.”

From what we know of Paul’s subsequent relationship with Jesus it is clear that he, in time, received much revelation and insight in response to this question. Paul knew and loved Jesus. I sense that Paul got quite a full answer to his question, “Who are you, Lord?”

I pray I will, over the course of time, receive a full answer. I pray that I might come to know and love Jesus as Paul did.




Lord Jesus,

I want to ask “Who are You?”

I know who You are, but I want to know You more. I desire a closer habitation with You. I seek a deeper relationship with You. The question, “Who are You, Lord?” excites me. It opens my mind and my heart to all sorts of wonderful revelations of You, to the most amazing insights and sharings with You, and to a life lived completely in Your company.

This is what I want, Lord. I want to know You and to live in the fullness of life in You. Show me who You are, in Your precious name I ask.               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment