Wednesday 1 January 2020

Peace and joy

He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through time we both have access to the Father by the Spirit.                                 Eph.  2. 17, 18


Jesus brings peace. Jesus is peace. The peace of Jesus is there for any who will receive it. He is there for those who come near and those who are far away. I note that the apstle refers first to those who were far away. 

Those who are furthest from the Father are surely the ones who are most in need of the saving grace of Jesus. The love of God reaches out to touch everyone with no exception (2 Peter 3.9). However far away people may seem from the love of the Father and peace of the Son, they are never out of God’s reach. His hands embrace the whole earth. His love can cover all.

The peace of Jesus is also poured gout on those who are near to Him. This might be a physical closeness, a spiritual closeness, or both. Wherever we stand in relation to Jesus, He is always close to us. He will draw us even closer to Himself if we will allow Him. I want to get as close to Jesus as I possibly can. I want to be able to look into the depths of His wonderful eyes. I look to know the breath of His Holy Spirit exuding from Him and touching me with His presence. I want to feel His embrace and the liberty and strength that comes with it. In short, I want to be filled to overflowing with Him. He is my all, my everything. 


Most Precious Jesus,
I come to You in the fullness of love, the love You have for me, and the sweet love You allow me to offer to You.
I thank You for the wonderful journey you have led me on. I look forward to more. May Your guiding hand lead me in paths of wonderment and joy. May I know your Your presence with me in sweetness of deep relationship and intimacy. You have drawn me to You. How blessed I am. You take me on the most wonderful adventures, and I know Your presence ever with me. You enjoy me, and I cannot understand it. But I accept it and give myself fully into it. I thank You, O I thank You.             Amen.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment