Sunday 5 January 2020

A Holy Temple

In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit   Eph. 2. 21, 22


I see two aspects, and two results/ happenings/achievements in these words. Firstly, it is in Jesus that mankind becomes the “holy temple of God.” Secondly, it is in Jesus that I become a dwelling place in which God lives by His Spirit.

I could possibly become a temple if I gave myself to create such a thing. But I could never become a holy temple by my own doing. My sin would mar the whole structure, making it tarnished and shoddy. But Jesus, by His perfect and divine sacrifice, makes possible for me what is impossible in myself. I have a conviction that, when God looks down on me from heaven, He sees Jesus. Hallelujah! Surely one of the greatest blessings.

When I join with others whom Jesus has cleansed and brought into the building of His holy temple, a God force is created, a force that is empowered to show the world the mighty, almost unbelievable love of the Father.

I open myself to God’s Holy Spirit, for it is by the Spirit that God lives in the dwelling He has made in me. I give myself to join together with other believers to become a living temple of our most holy God. May this temple be strong, united, loving, focused, and quipping to step out, to share the message of God with compassion, grace and blessing.  



Wonderful Saviour,
By the sacrifice of Your body You have made it possible for me to become part of Your holy temple of love. I give myself willingly into Your hands. I ask You to form me, release me, and do with me whatever You choose, I pray for   Your church, the Body of Christ. I ask You, humbly to bring revival. I pray and ask You to remove, any apathy. Strengthen us please. Bring forth Your power in the miracle of love. Let us show people the way to You. Grow the Body of Christ. I ask in the name of Your precious Son.         Amen.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment