Tuesday 3 December 2019

His plan

In him we were chosen. Chosen, being predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.                                      Eph. 1.  11,12


Again I am reminded that I have been chosen. My God has chosen me, and He predestined me from the beginning to live in accordance with the plan He has for me. His plan works everything out in accordance with His will, His purposeful will. His purpose for me, through hope in Christ is to live for His glory and praise.

Moses knew the glory of God (Exod. 33.18-23), and His face was radiant so much so that the Israelites were afraid to come near him when they saw him. Exod. 34.30) Here is something of the glory of God. Moses saw this glory when the Lord passed by him. He was not allowed to see the face of God For no one may see me and live. (V20)

The Lord’s “psssing-by” presence was enough to bring the face of His servant to the most glorious radiance. I have seen glimpses of God’s glory in the faces of those who are so in love with their maker that His presence shines in them and through them. 

The world needs to see and know the glory of God. They will not see His face for to do so would bring death. However, they can see reflections of Him, of course not with the intensity that comes directly from Him, but through the countenance of His believers and lovers.

I have seen the faces of those in whom God shines something of His glory. Sadly they are few, but the light shines brightly in them and through them. I pray that this number will increase, that out loving God will continue to draw others to Him in increasing numbers. 


Mighty God,
I can inly imagine how Moses felt when Your presence passed by him. With his face in the radiance of Your glory, He would have been a powerful witness to the people.
I pray for more believers to see the glory and radiance that emanates through You. May their radiance in You reveal Your radiance to others. I ask this in Jesus name. 
Amen.                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment