Sunday 30 October 2011

Turn to...


...The LORD is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.                            2 Chron. 15.2b


These words were spoken by the Spirit of the LORD through Azariah to Asa. Asa was a good king who reigned over Judah for forty one years. However, in the thirty-sixth year of his reign, Baasha, king of Israel sought to wage war on Asa. Asa turned to Ben-Hadad king of Aram who had a treaty with Baasha. Asa sought a treaty for himself with Ben-Hadad, asking him to break his arrangement with Baasha. This occurred and Israel was put down. Asa enjoyed temporary triumph but the word of the LORD came harshly to him through Hanani the seer: “Because you relied on the King of Aram and not on the LORD your God, the army of the King of Aram has escaped from your hand. Were not the Cushites and Libyans a mighty army with great numbers of chariots and horsemen? Yet when you relied on the LORD, he delivered them into your hand. For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war.” (vv 7-9).

Asa’s reign changed from that time. He oppressed the people and himself suffered illness and affliction.

For thirty six years he had prospered. Then he turned to man instead of God and his life, and fortune, changed.

God requires total commitment from us, the fullness of our hearts. Over the past little while He has been reminding me that 95% of my trust in not enough. He requires 100%.



Lord God,

I love You and I want to give You my full commitment. I ask for Your help in this. I believe Your Holy Spirit can strengthen me.

I ask You to convict me , by the power of Your Holy Spirit, when I am tempted to follow a course other than the one You set for me. I give You 100% of my devotion. I bind my will to Your will. Have Your way in my life.      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment