Tuesday 15 November 2011

Cease Striving



Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.                                   Psalm 46.10                


The New American Standard Bible has ‘cease striving’ for ‘be still’. This reminds me of the day some time ago when I awoke to hear God say to me: “Stop striving.”

I will not know God’s power on this earth by striving to find it and to see it. God’s might among the nations will be ‘revealed’ to me as I am still and as I acknowledge the Almighty as all-mighty.



Mighty God,

I thank You for this reminder of who You are. I thank You that this has come to me in the stillness of the early morning. I truly feel as if I am not striving, yet I am aware of Your greatness.

I marvel as the light slowly reveals the day. The shadows disappear and Your creation is unveiled. The birds start singing. Are they the first to exalt You? Today is Sunday. All over the world people will be singing praises to You and glorifying Your name.

Great God, I bow down before you in worship and adoration. I declare You my Lord Almighty. Hallelujah!                      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment